Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the main role of Maintenance?
Maintenance will fix routine maintenance problems, such a plumbing, electrical, glass repairs, etc. in the University's Academic or Residential facilities. Call 1-7701 for routine services or 1-8888 for emergency services.
Question: Who should be contacted for elevator repair?
Call 1-7701 for routine services or 1-8888 for emergency services.
Question: Who should be notified about a water leak?
Call emergency services at 1-8888.
Question: Who should be called in a power outage?
If the power is out in the entire building, call Utilities at 1-6594. If the power is out in a localized area, call the Emergency Service at 1-8888.
Services Charged to Requesting Departments:
- Alterations to buildings requested by departments
- Painting and redecorating
- Repair work to specialized laboratory equipment
- Maintenance and repair of departmentally-owned equipment
- Constructing or repairing office furniture and computer tables, etc.
- Repair work done due to vandalism (when it can be attributed to an individual)
- Other departmental services unique to our operation
An on-line work request is required for the above services and should be submitted prior to the date the service is needed. If you have any questions about maintenance service billing, please call 631-7701 for billing instruction and information.